What to wear to a maternity or pregnancy photo shoot
This answers the big questions, "What should I wear to my photo shoot?" and, "What should I bring to my pregnancy photography session?"
What clothing should I bring to my photo shoot?
- Wear anything you feel comfortable in and LOVE. Avoid patterns, stripes and plaids unless you love them and they are a true representation of your personality.
- I like solid colors: white, black, brown, gray. Avoid bright pink and yellow - they never look great.
- Pants - jeans (any color), black pants (yoga pants work well)
- Necklines - select v-necks, squarenecks, turtlenecks or deep scoop necks. Women should avoid crewnecks.
- Sleeves - Long-sleeved shirts tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps also work. Women should avoid t-shirt length sleeves unless they have beautiful, sculpted or very thin upper arms.
- Fabrics - look for clingy, not necessarily tight, fabrics with a little stretch.
- Shirts - big, white, button-down rumpled man's shirt. Any shirt or cardigan that opens down the front works well.
- Tanks - anything clingy, fitted or stretchy in solid colors (white, black, red, blue...)